External Data Sources
- Drug & Alcohol Services Information System
The Drug & Alcohol Services Information System (DASIS) includes user manuals, data reports, and other materials to view or download for each of the major DASIS Programs—I-BHS, TEDS, N-SSATS, N-MHSS, MH-CLD, URS, and a Treatment Facility Locator.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
- Caring for Every Child's Mental Health
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality
The Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ) is the government’s leading agency for behavioral health statistics. It designs and carries out special data collection and analytic projects to examine issues for SAMHSA and other federal agencies.
- CBHSQ - SAMHSA's Data and Dissemination
Data collections and reports produced by the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ).
- Center for Mental Health Services
The Center for Mental Health Services leads federal efforts to promote the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
The Center for Substance Abuse Prevention improves behavioral health through evidence-based prevention approaches.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment
The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment promotes community-based substance abuse treatment and recovery services for individuals and families in every community.
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Center for Excellence
- Behavioral Health Treatments and Services
The Behavioral Health Treatments and Services site describes how health care professionals address common mental illnesses and substance use disorders and how SAMHSA helps people access treatments and services.
- Homelessness Resource Center
- Prevention of Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- SAMHSA E-mail Updates
- SAMHSA Publications Ordering
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- "Too Smart To Start" Public Education Initiative
The “Too Smart To Start” initiative helps prevent underage alcohol use by offering strategies and materials for youth, teens, families, educators, community leaders, professionals, and volunteers.
Substance Abuse/Mental Health
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse / National Institute on Drug Abuse en Español
- National Institute of Mental Health
Email and Mail Lists
General Social Science Data Sites
- National Archives / Los Archivos Nacionales y Administración de Documentos (NARA)
- United States Census Bureau
- United States Census Bureau: State Data Center (SDC) Program
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- National Institute of Justice