The non-series is dedicated to providing access to studies which are not otherwise a part of an explicit series.
You are here
Drug Abuse Treatment Outcome Study: Adolescent US (DATOS-A-1993-1995)
DATOS-A is an ongoing collaborative research effort of the National Development and Research Institutes at North Carolina (NDRI), Texas Christian University, the University of California at Los Angeles, and NIDA. For additional information, see the DATOS Web site http://www.datos.org/.
- alcohol abuse
- drug abuse
- drug treatment
- drug use
- mental health
- sexual behavior
- substance abuse treatment
- tobacco use
- treatment outcome
- treatment programs
- 2,974 of the clients who completed the intake interview were selected as eligible for the 12-month follow-up interview (reasons for ineligibility include incarceration, hospitalization, language barrier, and living outside of the metropolitan interviewing area). Of these eligible clients, 65.9 percent (n = 1,960) were located, 60 percent (n = 1,785) were successfully interviewed, .5 percent (n = 14) were deceased, and 5.4 percent (n = 161) refused to participate.
- 2008-10-07: The question text was updated to enhance the clarity of each question by adding question stems and qualifying information. Also, minor typographical errors were corrected.
- 2007-02-19: SAS transport (XPORT), SPSS portable, and Stata system files were added to Parts 1-5. Some corrections were made to the codebooks.
- 2005-11-04: On 2005-03-14 new files were added to one or more datasets. These files included additional setup files as well as one or more of the following: SAS program, SAS transport, SPSS portable, and Stata system files. The metadata record was revised 2005-11-04 to reflect these additions.
- 2004-06-23: Three datasets were added to the study: 6-Month Intreatment Data (Part 7), Measures Data (Part 8, and 12-Month Follow-Up Urine Result Data (Part 9). Corresponding documentation was prepared for each. Value labels were added for one variable (MUSA) in Part 5, 12-Month Follow-Up Data.
- Performed consistency checks.
- Created variable labels and/or value labels.
- Standardized missing values.
- Created online analysis version with question text.
- Checked for undocumented or out-of-range codes.