The process for obtaining access to the Data Portal will be as follows:
- A call for new applications to access the Data Portal will typically occur once per year, but that may vary. The call is open for a period of one month.
- During this period, users will apply online for access to the Data Portal and an online instruction manual will be available for users to follow.
- SAMHSA staff will review the applications and approve the appropriate applicants. An applicant can only be a U.S. government agency, university, or research organization. Applicants must respond to any inquiries from SAMHSA regarding the Data Portal application within a 3-week period.
- If given access, your institution and each member of the team must sign/execute an Affidavit of Nondisclosure.
- Each team member must complete the online training and become a designated CIPSEA agent. This must reoccur on a yearly basis to maintain access.
- SAMHSA will perform an on-site inspection of the institution.